Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Interview with Rose Wynters
Name: Rose Wynters
Book Title: Phase One: Identify (Territory of the Dead series, Book 1)
1. How long have you been writing for? I have a background in website design, blogging, and article writing and have worked in this field for years. I started putting serious effort into novel writing last year, and I have been writing books ever since. I have another series currently. It's a paranormal romance series called The Endurers.
2. What do you think sets your work apart from others in the genre? It would definitely be the plots in my books. There is a tremendous number of creative writers out there, each one of us distinctive by the plots and characters of our books.
3. Do you have any tips for new writers? My best tip would be don't be afraid to put your books out there! I think for many new writers, the thought is daunting. I know it was for me. We live in a huge world though, made up of people with different tastes. I truly believe there is a reader out there for everyone's books.
4. What books do you read and do you have a recent recommendation? I'm an avid reader, and I enjoy a little bit in just about every category. I don't have any recent recommendations, though. I do enjoy a lot of paranormal romance and books from the horror genre. It has been awhile since I've had the chance to sit down and enjoy some newer releases!
5. Where can readers find you? I spend a lot of time on Twitter (author_rose), my website (http://www.rosewynters.com), and I recently started a Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Rose-Wynters/121652694703696
6. What level of research do you do for your writing? It varies. Some of the research I've done has actually involved taking a trip to a certain city or area.
7. Do you ever consider one of your characters to be a reflection of yourself? Not really, but I'm sure there are some characteristics somewhere that would be similar. I think the same could be said of any writer and their characters!
Zombie Survival Questions
1. You see a hand gun, a bat and a knife. Which do you choose as your weapon for the apocalypse? This is definitely a hard choice! I would say the handgun, and pray I find some bullets for it somewhere. Otherwise, I am really going to wish I chose the bat or knife when the zombies get a hold of me.
2. Place of survival. Your own house, a shopping mall or The Winchester pub? My own house, until the zombies run me out! After that, it would depend on how much fire power I have and how many survivors are in the group.
3. You see an underground parking centre. Do you go in? Nope, I think I would have to avoid that one. There would be something waiting in the dark I'm sure, and it wouldn't be a pleasant experience, at least for me.
4. You see your boss is now a zombie but is no immediate threat to you. Do you still use your last bullet on him/her? No, I'd be on the move searching for a more secure location and other survivors for sure.
5. What luxury item would you keep in the apocalypse? My computer, but it wouldn't be much fun without the Internet.
6. You’re bitten, do you
A) Shoot yourself before you turn?
B) Ask a friend to do it?
C) Turn and enjoy the all you can eat human buffet?
Wow, this is a tough one. Could I get an option D, lol. I couldn't imagine shooting myself or eating everyone around me, so I'd have to say B. Once you're bit, there is really no fairy tale ending for you!
Here is some book information for my zombie release, Phase One: Identify
Blurb: From author Rose Wynters, comes a new zombie horror series set in Pleasant, Louisiana. Can this checkout girl learn how to survive in a world full of zombies?
Tabitha Alexander is an 18 year old that has just graduated from high school. Working as a checkout girl in the small town of Pleasant, her long-term goals for the future don't go beyond enjoying the upcoming summer and enjoying her freedom. Maybe even possibly finding a boyfriend.
Fate has something else in store for her, though.
One night, right before closing time, her world is turned completely inside out with the first screams and sounds of gunfire that tear through the darkness. Nothing will ever be the same again..... If she even survives.
This is book one in a new series called, Territory of the Dead. Best suited for ages 16 and over.
This book tells you how the nightmare began...... Pleasant will never be the same again.
Buy Links: http://www.amazon.com/Phase-One-Indentify-Territory-ebook/dp/B00COGWDC6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1367950765&sr=8-6&keywords=rose+wynters