Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Interview with Scott Wieczorek


Name:  Scott Wieczorek

Book Title:  Byron: A Zombie Tale (Part 1)



Author Questions

1.   How long have you been writing for?
My whole life, it seems. However, as a professional archaeologist writing is an integral part of my career, but fiction has always been my passion. My fiction writing has been on and off for about twenty-or so years, but has only become hard core now for about the past five. Byron is my first published book, but there are several more in the works.

2.   What do you think sets your work apart from others in the genre?
Byron is an uncommon zombie story. It's not about the usual slow, leg dragging walking dead, but about sentient and powerful zombies. The dead in Byron are broken into two factions: common zombies (slow, leg-draggers), and Lords (fast, intelligent, and highly dangerous Type-A killers). There is an additional category that the narrator of the story, Byron, falls into. He's not only the hero of the story, but also a zombie himself. But, you'll have to read the book to find out about that.

3.   Do you have any tips for new writers?
Keep at it and write what you love. It's a long, hard road but if you love it just keep doing it.

4.   What books do you read and do you have a recent recommendation?
I read a lot of different things from paranormal to crime, to action-adventure, to horror and even to fine literature. Reading is as much a part of our passion as writing is. I have two: Seals of Abgal, by Woelf Dietrich - a story with shape-shifters and demons, and Whirlwind in the Thorn Tree by Sam Hunt - a gunslinger-esque adventure.

5.   Where can readers find you?
My books are available on Amazon.com and Createspace, I am on Google+, Twitter, and Goodreads. My blog is at wieczorekfictblog.blogspot.com and usually has updates about the status of my most recent and ongoing projects.



Zombie Survival Questions


1.   You see a hand gun, a bat and a knife. Which do you choose as your weapon for the apocalypse?
A bat. If you see the walking dead, start swinging and bust some heads.

2.    Place of survival. Your own house, a shopping mall or The Winchester pub?
Just because I love Sean of the Dead, the Winchester Pub.

3.   You see an underground parking centre. Do you go in?
Not if I want to come back out alive and intact.

4.   You see your boss is now a zombie but is no immediate threat to you. Do you still use your last bullet on him/her?
No. Conserve the ammunition.

5.   What luxury item would you keep in the apocalypse?
My Ipod, every apocalypse deserves a good soundtrack.

6.   You're bitten, do you
A)   Shoot yourself before you turn?
B)   Ask a friend to do it?
C)   Turn and enjoy the all you can eat human buffet?

I would have to go with (C). After all, you are what you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment