Name: Daniel J. Williams
Book Title: Mace of the Apocalypse
1. How long have you been writing for? I have been writing all my life. I worked on Mace of the Apocalypse on and off for about 5 years before publishing. I finally decided to get serious. I now have 3 books in the series and am working on the 4th, which is scheduled to be released this October.
2. What do you think sets your work apart from others in the genre? I really wanted to give some depth to the characters. I wanted to make them real people and not just caricatures. Facing something as shattering as a zombie apocalypse would test the metal of anyone.
3. Do you have any tips for new writers? Keep writing. Learn from your mistakes. Don't be afraid to put your work out there and don't take criticism personal. Use it to better your craft.
4. What books do you read and do you have a recent recommendation? I love horror and thrillers. Off the top of my head I'd say check out the "Prey" series by John Sanford.
5. Where can readers find you? They can find me in a few places:
Zombie Survival Questions
1. You see a hand gun, a bat and a knife. Which do you choose as your weapon for the apocalypse? I'm going with the bat. The gun will run out of bullets or could jam and the knife puts you too close to danger. I love swinging a bat. Bashing zombie skulls would be the safest and most gratifying way to kill the walking dead.
2. Place of survival. Your own house, a shopping mall or The Winchester pub? Oh, why did you have to mention a pub?? As enticing as that sounds (fighting zombies with a buzz), it would have to be the mall. As cliche as that sounds, it just makes sense. It would be even better if there was a pub in the mall...
3. You see an underground parking centre. Do you go in? Hell no. End of story.
4. You see your boss is now a zombie but is no immediate threat to you. Do you still use your last bullet on him/her? My last bullet? Nope, I'm sticking with the bat, and I'm going to enjoy taking him out.
5. What luxury item would you keep in the apocalypse? I'd go with the Ray-Ban sunglasses. Keep the glare out and still look cool.
6. You’re bitten, do you
A) Shoot yourself before you turn?
B) Ask a friend to do it?
C) Turn and enjoy the all you can eat human buffet?
I'm going to be the master of my own destiny if given the opportunity. I'm eating a bullet by my own hand.