Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Interview with Armand Rosamilia


Armand Rosamilia

Dying Days zombie series

Dying Days (Amazon)



1.      How long have you been writing for?

Since I was twelve, but semi-seriously since about nineteen… and 'professionally' since about 2010, and full-time in the last eighteen months.


2.      What do you think sets your work apart from others in the genre?

I'd like to think I can hang with the big kids because people like my writing. For me, it is more about characterization and readers connecting with the characters and wanting to read what comes next.



3.      Do you have any tips for new writers?

Be professional, take this seriously, and treat it like a job and your own business. Keep your political and religious rants to yourself or someone who cares, because the internet is forever. Start building your Brand, which is not your book… it is You.



4.      What books do you read and do you have a recent recommendation?

I read constantly, but rarely read anything fiction anymore unless I want to do a blurb for it. I mostly read biographies and non-fiction books, where you can get so many great ideas.



5.      Where can readers find you?

I am everywhere. Facebook, Twitter, New Myspace, Pinterest, etc. etc. I have my wares for sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, SmashWords, etc. etc. A good place to start to find out all about me is http://armandrosamilia.com


Zombie Survival Questions


1.      You see a hand gun, a bat and a knife. Which do you choose as your weapon for the apocalypse?
I have never actually held a gun, so that is scary. With a knife I'd probably cut myself, so the baseball bat… unless it is a model from a Yankees player. I'm a Red Sox fan so I'd rather die than have to rely on an A-Rod model.


2.       Place of survival. Your own house, a shopping mall or The Winchester pub?

Anywhere I can get a banana bread beer, so any of the three will work for me.


3.      You see an underground parking centre. Do you go in?

Only if I want to die. You never go into dark places… never go into the basement, attic, parking garage, women's bathroom or vegan restaurant.


4.      You see your boss is now a zombie but is no immediate threat to you. Do you still use your last bullet on him/her?

I am my own boss, so this is quite a conundrum. Therefore, I am a zombie… I need to sit down and think this through.


5.      What luxury item would you keep in the apocalypse?

 My first and most important job is getting to a supermarket and stocking up on every bag of M&M's I can get my paws on. Life without M&M's isn't worth living.


6.      You’re bitten, do you
A)    Shoot yourself before you turn?
B)    Ask a friend to do it?
C)    Turn and enjoy the all you can eat human buffet?

I'd have to ask someone to kill me. I get nauseous at the sight of blood, so I'll probably end up being pretty sick and pass out. I am not who you want with you in the zombie apocalypse. Trust me.

Armand Rosamilia

http://armandrosamilia.com



No comments:

Post a Comment